Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Tasty Tuesday: Adobo Chicken Legs

So I'm trying to take a healthier approach to my cooking. I found a recipe for adobo chicken on skinny tatse but was missing some ingredients. So I went crazy and made my own version:
It was amazeballs!
Ingredients:
6 chicken drumsticks, skin removed
1/3 c. teriyaki sauce
4 chiplotle chilis with adobo (roughly chopped)
1/4 c. white cooking wine
1 small head of garlic (crushed)
fresh ground pepper
4 bay leaves

Directions:
Marinate chicken in wine, teriyaki sauce, garlic, chiplotle, and pepper, for at least an hour (overnight is ideal). Add chicken, 1/2 cup water, bay leaves and marinade into a pot and bring to a boil over medium heat. Cover, reduce heat to medium low and cook until the meat is tender, about 30 minutes. Remove the cover and cook an additional 15 minutes, until the sauce reduces. Discard bay leaves and serve. I chose cauliflower and green beans to go with ours, but you can serve over some rice too. It was absolutely delicious. 


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment